ICFAI Distance MBA
Let’s face it. Learning is a continuous process that requires time and money. In order to make courses affordable and readily accessible, distance learning has become the norm for many universities. In fact many institutions of higher learning have introduced this type of studying at all levels of study including certificate, diploma, degree, masters and doctorate courses. ICFAI University is one such learning institution. This post is about the renowned ICFAI Distance MBA.
About ICFAI Executive MBA
Business administration is a field of study that deals with the management of businesses. As such, it is a multidisciplinary course that covers various organizational functions such as financial management and reporting, auditing and risk management, human resource management and general operations.
The Executive MBA program of the ICFAI University, Sikkim is an innovative offering for working executives and managers. It has been designed for professionals looking to enhance their education without interrupting their careers and to meet the realities of the new global business environment.
The program offers innovative and collaborative learning environment that fosters the development of management skills and techniques and on inculcating sensitivity to real world issues, along with the ability to become ‘leaders’ and ‘change agents’.
On completion of this program the participants would be equipped with the necessary management conceptual frameworks governing their areas of operations at work. It will enable them to catapult themselves to positions of higher responsibility in their organizations if they harness and put to use their learning from the program appropriately.
ICFAI Distance Executive MBA Course
Here is how ICFAI describes their Masters of Business Administration Course:
The Executive MBA Program has been designed for busy Executives and Working Professionals looking for enhancing their Career prospects in the 21st Century Global Environment. The Program focuses on core functions of Management viz., Marketing, Finance, HR and Operations by using Indian and Global Case Studies. It also uses innovative and collaborative learning environment that fosters the development of management skills and techniques and on inculcating sensitivity to real world issues.
ICFAI Distance MBA Admission and Eligibility
As noted the course is suitable for MBA Executives and Professionals who are in Middle Management positions in organizations and are looking to catapult themselves into the next level will need to equip themselves with the management conceptual frameworks linked to their real life experiences.
To be eligible for ICFAI Distance MBA one has to:
- be a graduate with 50% aggregate marks and medium of study in English
- have 6 years of post-qualification experience in functional areas of corporate organizations
ICFAI Distance MBA Course Structure
This executive MBA has 20 core units that are spread over two phases, as indicated in the following table:
|PHASE||CASE STUDY COURSES|
|Phase 1||Managerial Effectiveness|
|Phase 1||Managerial economics and business environment|
|Phase 1||Managing the value chain|
|Phase 1||Strategic marketing|
|Phase 1||Financial insights|
|Phase 1||Human capital management|
|Phase 1||IT for competitive advantage|
|Phase 1||Directed Independent Study – I|
|Phase 1||Directed Independent Study – II|
|Phase 1||Directed Independent Study – III|
|Phase 2||Enterprise performance management|
|Phase 2||Leadership and entrepreneurship|
|Phase 2||Managing innovation and change|
|Phase 2||Strategic excellence|
|Phase 2||Business ethics and corporate governance|
|Phase 2||International business|
|Phase 2||M & A and strategic alliances|
|Phase 2||Directed Independent Study – IV|
|Phase 2||Directed Independent Study – V|
|Phase 2||General Management – An Integrated Approach|
ICFAI Distance MBA Fee Schedules Pedagogy and Assessment
- Workshops: The University arranges workshops for the courses of Phase I and Phase II. Workshops require active participation from the students which will enhance their knowledge through interaction with the faculty and peer-group learning.
- Annual schedule of the workshops is placed on website and students need to regularly check for their eligibility and register for the same.
- Online registrations for workshops will be opened 15 days before the start of workshops and close before 5 days of the commencement of the workshop. Any cancellation of workshops due to less number of registrations will be intimated immediately on closure of the registration date. Relevant guidelines on the conduct of workshops are placed on the website.
- The fee for evaluation through assignment mode is 1,000 per course and the fee for evaluation through online workshop mode is 2,000 per course.
The CAT-XL Learning Framework
- The Executive MBA program uses a CAT-XL (concepts, applications, trends – experiential learning) framework to enhance the learning process.
Note: The information provided about ICFAI Distance MBA course is subject to change. Therefore, one must consult with the institution especially on sensitive information such as payment details and fees.